#1 Once you have the documents ready, let’s begin the online application.
Step 1: Login LicenceOne
Step 2: Select “Apply for New License”
Step 3: Select “Halal Certification”
Step 4: Click “Next” after verifying the auto-populated info
Step 5: Verify auto-populated info
Step 6: Select “Express” or “Normal” Application, Select multiple schemes if necessary. Upload supporting documents (e.g. Menu/Product List, Ingredient List, Floor Plan, Labels, etc) & Click “Next”
Step 7: General Declaration & Click “Submit” and “Proceed”
Step 8: Review Information entered, select check-box after reading and agreeing to the declarations & Click “Submit”
#2 Once the application is submitted, here is what will happen next.
Process of Halal Certification:
- The auditor will look through your application online. If your application is incomplete or needs clarification, the auditor will send you a Request For Action (RFA) through the system.
- You have to ensure that you reply to the shortcoming notification before the deadline given via LicenseOne.
- Audit Inspection – the auditor will then make an appointment to come down for an inspection.
- The auditor will recommend the application to Muis upon compliance to Muis Halal Certification Conditions.
- Upon approval, an invoice will be sent to the registered email once the certificate is ready for collection.
Reality Check: Challenges When Applying For Halal Certification
Getting a Halal Certificate can be a rigorous and time consuming process. Here’s what you may encounter:
- It may take 40 – 60 days to get your restaurant Halal certified.
- You’re not sure about the paperwork, documentation and submission.
- You need to hire at least two Muslim staff members, who must also obtain Halal Training Certificates. At least one of these hires must be given a supervisory position.
- MUIS can also require laboratory testing for any of your ingredients.
- A cleaning ritual of your premises will be required if necessary by MUIS. This will be carried out by MUIS or an agent of its choice – at your cost.
WE GOT YOU!
Looking at how lengthy the whole Halal Certification can be for your business…that’s where WhatsHalal can help you. We’ll take care of the step by step halal certification, while you do what you do best – growing and managing your business.
So if your company is looking to:
● provide greater assurance to Muslim consumers
● enhance competitive advantage in the global marketplace
● Use a small investment with huge potential growth in revenue
● boost your company’s reputation and meet varied customer needs
● leverage on the global Halal market worth more than US$2.1 trillion
WE CAN GET YOU THERE
With over 20 years of experience, we know the Halal industry inside and out. We work with customers of all sizes and segments spanning a wide range of industries all around the world. Your time is valuable, and we want to ensure getting halal certified is as easy and cost effective for you as possible.
The Halal system and framework developed by WhatsHalal for the certification process is in compliance with all major Halal certification authorities in the world namely:
● The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS)
● Indonesian Council of Ulama (MUI)
● Central Islamic Committee of Thailand (CICOT)
● Islamic Development Department of Malaysia (JAKIM)